06 Apr 2013
April 6, 2013
- Use the Fiber Ring as a launch cable.
Connect the Fiber Ring between your OTDR and the fiber link under test. This will allow you to measure the loss of the near-end connection.
- Use the Fiber Ring as a receive cable.
Connect the Fiber Ring to the far-end connector of your fiber link under test. This will allow you measure the loss of the far-end connection.
- By using Fiber Rings as both launch and receive cables, as shown in the diagram below, you can measure total insertion loss of the fiber link under test.
- 21 Apr 2013Replacement of Fusion Splicer Electrodes
- 21 Apr 2013A Fusion Splicer Primer
- 07 Apr 2013ORL Measurements in field applications
- 06 Apr 2013How to Generate a Baseline Trace Using Fiber Rings
- 01 Apr 2013Simplex vs Duplex fiber